Here is the schedule as of July 20, 2007.
The schedule is available here: as a Word doc and as a pdf.
The center of all activities, unless otherwise noted, is the Cheyenne Mountain Resort located at 3225 Broadmoor Valley Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80906, 1-800-428-8886 (virtual tour here)
- Thursday, July 26, 2007: Arrival for many.
- 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Look for Chug or Jo in the lobby area for name tags, schedule with coordinator cell phone numbers, and family directory
- Drinks / Dinner – Mountain View Dining Room?
- Friday, July 27, 2007
- 8:00 – 10:00 am, Look for Chug or Jo in the lobby area for name tags, schedule with coordinator cell phone numbers, and family directory
- 11:00 am or so: Chug will moderate a workshop on using the Internet, email, geni.com, and how to optimize digital photos for the Internet. At CMR. All are welcome, no questions too basic!
- 12:00 noon, Best Ball Scramble at Patty Jewett Golf Course, 900 East Espanola Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80907 Here is a map showing the route between CMR and the golf course.
- 5:30 pm, Barbeque Dinner at Triple B Ranch, Woodland Park –27640 State Highway 67, Woodland Park, CO map – we will try and take a group photo at the BBQ
- Saturday, July 28, 2007
- 9:30 am, 3k Walk/Run at CMR- Coordinator: Darren Smith
- 9:30 – 11:30 am, 8-Game Pro-Set Round Robin Tennis at CMR – Coordinators: Carrie and Sophie W.
- 1:00 pm, Cripple Creek Melodrama – pick up tickets between 12:30 and 12:50 pm at the Opera House – NB – Cripple Creek is a 1.5 hour drive from Colorado Springs. Coordinator: Chug
(Cripple Creek & Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad)
- Additional Saturday breakaway activities (time to be determined by Activity Contact Person)
- Horseback Riding for Adults and Children with Adults – Coordinator: Rob T.
- Pikes Peak Cog Railway – Coordinator: Sophia S.
- Cave of the Winds Tours – Coordinator: Robyn F.
- North Pole – Santa’s Workshop – Coordinator: Carrie F.
- Golf at CMR: if anyone is interested in golfing CMR’s course Saturday morning, contact Mike F. he will set a tee time(s). This may be of interest to those who love golf (like Mike) and are willing to succumb to the $95 greens fee. Contact Mike F. at cell, text or voice.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort – CMR has a myriad of activities to offer right on location. If the list of activities noted here doesn’t tickle your fancy – share your ideas with the group – with 130 family members attending you are sure to attract someone who is interested in joining you!
- Additional Saturday activities, on your own:
- Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, 4218 County Road 3A, Canon City, Fremont, Colorado 81212, 719-275-7507 or 1-888-333-5597, Royal Gorge is about 1.5 hours from Colorado Springs
- Garden of the Gods
- Seven Falls
- Cripple Creek Gaming, Cripple Creek is about 1.5 hours from Colorado Springs
- Air Force Academy, Visitor Center is open every day from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Prime Outlet Shopping — Castle Rock
- Evening, Drinks/Dinner – Mountain View Dining Room at CMR
- Evening, LCR Poker at CMR
- Sunday, July 29, 2007
- 10:30 am, Mass by our own Rev. Martin Whelean at CMR
- Brunch — Mountain View Dining Room at CMR
- 1:30 – 4:30 pm, Around Town Scavenger Hunt — All Ages!
- 6:00 pm, Drinks/Dinner at CMR
- Monday, July 30, 2007
- Departure for many – Goodbye, Farewell, Happy Trails, God Speed
- Academy Riding Stables, 4 El Paso Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO, Toll Free: 1-888-700-0410, 719-633-5667
- McNamara Ranch, 4620 County Road 100, Florissant, CO 80816, 719-748-3466. Chug’s daughter, Caitlin, is going to ride here on Monday and Tuesday, July 30 and 31.
- The Stables at The Broadmoor
- Horse Riding, a list from CSpringsOnline
- Horseback Riding – from VisitCrippleCreek.com
- Visit Cripple Creek.com
- Things to Do in Colorado Springs Colorado – from Pikes Peak Country Attractions Association
- Colorado Springs, “Pikes Peak or Bust” – from Family Travel Files Ezine
- Things to do in Colorado Springs – from Yahoo