The next JoJo’s July Jamboree will be held in Colorado Springs at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, July 24-27, 2015.
The reserved room block at Cheyenne Mt. Resort (3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906) expired on June 23, 2015. All reservations should have been made as part of the room block by calling the Resort directly and mentioning that you are attending JoJo’s July Jamboree.
We have a confirmed block of rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort for $199 ($189 + $10 Resort fee) plus tax for July 23-27, 2015. To get our special rate of $199 (and help us meet the contractual “room block requirements” for our reservation), contact Reservations and mention that you are attending “JoJo’s July Jamboree”, arranged by Jo Malone and Chug Roberts: 800-588-0250 or 719-538-4000.
Our room block is available starting Thursday evening for check in, July 23, 2015, through check out Monday, July 27, 2015.
Maureen Malone is the Facebook Coordinator for JJJJ 2015. See https://www.facebook.com/jjjj2015
Courtney Malone is our Instagram coordinator: https://instagram.com/JOJOSJULYJAMBOREE2015
We still need family coordinators for the Google Plus and Twitter accounts!
We’re also on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/114863995677290255731/
Twitter, too! https://twitter.com/JoJoJulyJambore
Social Media icons from GeekFairy
Chug Roberts, Carrie Frain and Sally Smith are seeking help to plan and host activities during the 2015 JJJJ:
- All-Family dinners – Chug Roberts and Sally Smith
- T-shirts – Peggy Roberts
- Nametags – Carrie Frain
- Icebreaker – Carrie Frain
- Family Directory – Chug Roberts
- Registrar and Auditor – Anne Whelan Englert
- Web site – Chug Roberts
The Per-Person JJJJ Registration Fee includes:
Click here for JJJJ 2015 Registration Form – Opens in new tab
- Both All-Family dinners, Friday and Saturday nights
- T-shirt for each family member
- Various Prizes
- Family Directory
$ = separate fee
Thursday evening, July 23, 2015
- Check in to CMR
- Dinner on own
- 8:00 pm: Icebreaker and smores – get nametags and family directory – Carrie Frain
Friday, July 24, 2015
- 8:30 am: $ Golf (Joe and Mike Goethals). Reservation made at Valley Hi Golf Course, 610 S. Chelton Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910. 719-385-6911
- 10 am: Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy – meet in the lobby (Chug Roberts)
- 10:45 am: Genealogy round table: using geni.com – meet in the lobby (Chug Roberts)
- 2:30 – 5 pm: $ Triple B Ranch offers horseback riding for 1 to 2 hour guided trail rides. It may be a terrific afternoon activity to plan allowing you to enjoy the beautiful mountain trails, Pikes Peak vistas and the colorful Colorado outdoors before we all meet for dinner! Contact Triple-B directly to make your reservations: 719-687-8899.
- 5 pm – Dinner at Triple B Ranch, 27640 State Hwy 67 Woodland Park, CO. (Allow 45 minutes travel time from CMR) 719-687-8899 (Chug Roberts and Sally Smith)
T-shirts and name tags will be available
- After dinner: LCR / Poker (Downstairs below the lobby – ask Bogey) with Bogey Tinker, game master
Saturday, July 25, 2015
- 9 am: Family Fun Run and Wall – these maps are both 1 page PDFs: 1.3 miles | 3 miles (Bogey Tinker)
- 9:30 am: Breakfast tailgate after Fun Run at Mike Goethals’ RV in the CMR parking lot
- 11 am: Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy – meet in the lobby (Chug Roberts)
- 11:45 am: Genealogy round table: DNA Genealogy – meet in the lobby (Chug Roberts)
- Early afternoon $ – Pikes Peak Cog Railway?? / Cave of the Winds?? / North Pole??
- 6:00 pm – DON’t BE LATE – Dinner at Garden of the Gods Trading Post 324 Beckers Ln, Manitou Springs, CO 80829 719-685-9045. The best way to the Trading Post is to take US 24 West from I-25 to the Manitou Springs Exit. Exit the freeway and keep to the right and follow the signs to Garden of the Gods. Located just past Balanced Rock as you enter Garden of the Gods park. (Allow 20 minutes travel time from CMR) (Chug Roberts and Sally Smith)
- After dinner: Drinks by the fire-pit at CMR or poker again?
Sunday, July 26, 2015
- 10:00 am: Mass at St. Joseph’s, 1830 S. Corona Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
- Early afternoon – ???
- Evening – dinner by the pool
Monday, July 27, 2015
Other ideas for activities – let us know if you’d like to coordinate something!
- Family Fun Run and Walk – Bogey Tinker
- Daily Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy – Chug Roberts
- 5K Run
- Hiking: Garden of the Gods / Cheyenne Mountain State Park
- White water rafting
- Pool Olympics
- Horseback riding: Academy Riding Stables / Stables at the Broadmoor 719-448-0371
- Cripple Creek Melodrama by Thin Air Theatre Company at the Butte Theater
- Talent Show
- Family History and Genealogy
- And more
You can reach Chug, Carrie and Sally at: jojojulyjamboree -at- gmail.com
Chug is again collecting family photos, newspaper clippings, and stories that you want to share with the rest of the family. Please send full size images to him at chugach -at- gmail.com
Also, please start updating your family profiles on geni.com. If you need an invite, let Chug know.