A group is going to attend “The Colorado Colleen” at the Butte Opera House in Cripple Creek on Saturday, July 28, 2007, 1:00 pm. Melodrama in Cripple Creek has a long tradition, which many of us enjoyed during our visits to Woodland Park.
Cripple Creek is about 1.5 hours from Colorado Springs, by way of Woodland Park
UPDATE June 21, 2007: the ticket prices published before today did not include a service charge of $0.75 per ticket. Chug just found out about it when the total charge hit his cc. If you owe Chug money because of the service charge, just give it to him at the reunion.
The Butte Opera House Manager has agreed to sell us group tickets at these rates: Adults $11.75 each ($11 + $0.75 ticket charge each); Children 12 years of age and under $9.75 each ($9 + $0.75 ticket charge each). If you already sent Chug a check and you are due money back, he will send you a check in the mail. If you owe Chug money because of the service charge, just give it to him at the reunion.
Chug has purchased 65 tickets (45 adults and 20 children 12-and-under), so if you decide you want to go, contact Chug.
As of July 23, we’ve heard from these folks for the Melodrama (62 so far):
Mary O’N 2 adults, Bob and Jeanne R 2 adults, Gabe W 1 adult, Sophie W-K 2 adults and 2 kids, Pete G 2 adults 5 kids, Netts 2 adults and 1 kid, Mark R 2 adults and 4 kids, Chug R 2, Anne E 3, Robert and Harry W 2, Joe and Krista G 2 adults and 3 kids, Pat McD 2 adults (paid for 1) , Jo M 5, Kevin M 4 adults and 1 kid, Maureen M 3 adults and 1 kid, Rob G 2 adults and 2 kids, Jim G 2, Larry and JoAnne M 5 adults and 1 kid
After July 23, if you are not on this list but want to go, please contact Chug with the number of tickets you want and he’ll see if he can still get tickets with the group at the group price.
If you have not yet paid (your name above is in bold), please send send Chug a check (__ adults x $11.75 + ___ kids 12-and-under x $9.75): Chug Roberts, c/o TheCapitol.Net, PO Box 25706, Alexandria, VA 22313-5706.
Butte Opera House, 139 E. Bennett Avenue, Cripple Creek, CO, on Bennett Avenue next to the Cripple Creek Fire Department.
- Butte Opera House – article from YourHub, April 9, 2007
- “Cripple Creek’s ‘Flags’ easily flies as a melodrama,” by Mark Arnest, The (Colorado Springs) Gazette, June 15, 2001
- “Show must go on in Cripple Creek,” by Crystal Wiebe, The (Colorado Springs) Gazette, June 18, 2004
- Visit Cripple Creek.com
- Cripple Creek & Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Cripple Creek, Colorado – from Wikipedia
- An article (pdf) on the Mackin family’s 2006 decision to discontinue their 60-year involvement with melodrama in Cripple Creek: “Last Call for Mackin Melodrama,” by Rick Langenberg, Mountain Jackpot, August 2006 (4-page pdf)
- The old web site of the Cripple Creek Players.